Idabel Public Schools considers the Oklahoma State Department of Health’s weekly COVID-19 Alert System, CDC recommendations and other health guidance to help us determine appropriate safety protocols for our schools each week. The SDE COVID-19 Alert System, which measures the risk of exposure across the state, is currently YELLOW for McCurtain County. This means we are at the low, level of risk.
You can view the color-coded risk map at ossba.org/map.
For the week of August 17, 2020, the following safety measures will apply:
- Required heath screenings of staff, students and visitors prior to entry
- Encouraged physical distancing of 6 feet on all school district property
- Encouraged increased hygiene practices, ventilation and cleaning practices
- Masks for all staff and students in hallways, common areas and during school transportation. Masks may be removed while seated inside classrooms. Exceptions are when eating meals, nap times, recess and during physical education activities.
- Restricted campus visitation; visitors must make an appointment and will be required to wear a mask while on premises at all times. Health screenings will be required for all visitors.
- Encouraged parent drop-off and pick-up of students to minimize the number of students on buses. Bus routes will make two runs each to minimize the number of students on the bus.
The district’s ongoing commitment to conduct regular deep cleaning, to encourage frequent handwashing and to promote social distancing when possible will be enforced as well. If you have questions about these guidelines, please contact your school office.
We ask you to continue to be mindful of current health strategies to mitigate the spread of this virus. There is nothing more important to Idabel Public Schools than the safety and health of our students and staff. We appreciate your cooperation and support.