CN Higher Ed logo

Higher Education Program
Deadline October 1, 2019

The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma's Higher Education Program's fall 2019 application is now open. The HEP is a scholarship and grant program designed to provide tuition assistance to enrolled Choctaw Tribal Members attending an accredited college or university. Students must be working toward a minimum of an Associate degree.

October 1st at 11:59 pm CST is the deadline. Any applications received after the deadline or incomplete will not be accepted (applies to first-time and renewal applicants.)
Paper applications will not be accepted. Students must have an email address that they check regularly. 

Students, allow 6-8 weeks for processing.

Required Documents:

  • Copy of high school transcript if student has less than 12 college credit hours (must show student and high school name, graduation date and cumulative GPA.)
  • Copy of all college/university transcripts if student has more than 12 college credit hours (must show institution and student name, all course titles, cumulative GPA and cumulative hours earned.) Transcripts are required from every institution attended.
  • Copy of upcoming semester class schedule (must show institution and student name, number of credit hours enrolled and course titles.)
  • Copy of valid Certificate Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) and Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma Adult Tribal Membership cards (students who are under 18 years of age can apply with their Minor Tribal Membership and CDIB cards.) HEP does accept the new 3-in-1 card.
  • Documentation that shows the student's college id number.
  • FERPA authorization form.

Full-time enrollment: Undergraduate students enrolled in 12 or more credit hours or Graduate students enrolled in 9 or more credit hours.
Part-time enrollment: Undergraduate students enrolled in 6-11 credit hours or Graduate students enrolled in 6-8 credit hours.
The HEP determines if a student is Scholarship or Grant. 
Concurrent students can visit for more information. 

For more information, visit or call 1-800-522-6170 ext: 2518.